Iodine is an essential trace mineral. It occurs in large quantities in nature, especially in the sea, where sea algae enrich their cells with iodine compounds found naturally in seawater. Potassium iodide is a water-soluble compound that, in terms of its chemical makeup, can also be described as a salt of potassium and iodine.
Health Benefits of Iodine According to the European Food Safety Authority (EFSA)
According to the European Food Safety Authority (EFSA), iodine contributes to:
- normal cognitive function
- normal energy metabolism,
- normal functioning of the nervous system,
- the maintenance of healthy skin,
- normal production of thyroid hormones and normal thyroid function
- normal growth in children.