The lucuma fruit is endemic to Peru, Chile, and Ecuador. The cultivation of lucuma has a long history, and it is still one of the most cultivated fruits in Peru. It has a sweet flavour that is reminiscent of mango, caramel, or maple syrup, and it is traditionally used by locals as an additive to desserts. In Peru, lucuma is a more popular flavour of ice cream than vanilla or chocolate.
Organic Lucuma Powder
The Andes, Peru (1,500m+)
- Premium lucuma powder (Smallanthus sinchifolius) in raw organic quality
- From traditional, organic cultivation in the Peruvian Andes at an elevation of 1,500-3,000m above sea level
- Sugar substitute with a low glycemic index
- Extra fine powder suitable for adding to drinks and smoothies
Finest Origin - Highest Grade
- Premium lucuma (Smallanthus sinchifolius) in raw organic quality
- From traditional, organic cultivation in the region of Ayacucho, located in the Peruvian Andes
- Hand-harvested at 1,500-3,000m elevation by local farmers
- 100% natural, finely ground powder in premium raw quality
- Sugar substitute with very low glycemic index
- Naturally mild, sweet flavour
- Suitable for raw consumption
- Cultivated entirely without the use of plant protection products
How are we different?
Our premium lucuma powder is obtained from organic fruits grown in Peru at elevations of 1,500-3,000m, far from large cities and surrounded by flora and fauna typical of the Ayachugo region of the Peruvian Andes. Between November and March, the lucuma fruits are gently harvested by hand.
Following harvest, the fruits are pitted, gently dried at temperatures below 45°C and ground into a fine powder. This allows for optimal preservation of the valuable phytochemicals contained. Since the fresh fruit begins to ferment very quickly, it is best to process it as a powder, or even as frozen pulp.
This product is packaged in an environmentally friendly, 100% biodegradable and compostable pouch made of starch, cellulose and paper.
- Pure superfoods from the world’s best terroirs
- Sourced directly from traditional farms
- Always certified organic or sustainably wildcrafted
- Raw materials sourced exclusively from premium suppliers who are committed to fair working conditions
- Our select raw materials are the basis of all our formulations
- Gentle on-site processing
- High-quality production (freeze drying, cold pressing)
- No artificial additives (no artificial flavours/sweeteners or artificial vitamin C)
- Complete avoidance of all unnecessary additives and adjuvants
- We voluntarily declare all ingredients
- Systematic quality testing in independent laboratories
- Amber glass and compostable pouches used for packaging
- Packaged in the EU according to HACCP, GMP and ISO 22000:2018 standards
- Stored in non-toxic containers
- Shipped in mineral oil-free boxes
- All products guaranteed 100% free from magnesium stearate, silicon dioxide, nanoparticles (no legal opportunism), genetic engineering, artificial colours and flavours, titanium dioxide and added sugar & sweeteners
Cultivation & Processing
To be used as an additive to food and drinks. As a sugar substitute, lucuma is rather mild. 1 teaspoon of sugar can be replaced by roughly 2 teaspoons of lucuma powder.
If you are diabetic, consult a doctor before consuming lucuma.
Note: Lucuma powder is not easily soluble in water and is therefore more suitable as an additive to meals and desserts (see above) than to tea and coffee
High quality, airtight, resealable standing zipper pouches with 9 protective layers to preserve flavour and protect against oxidation and contamination.
Store in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight.
A mild sugar substitute with an extremely low glycemic index. Especially useful for adding to desserts, muesli, smoothies, ice cream, and yoghurt
100% natural, pure lucuma powder in raw quality, no additives
The Andes, Peru
1,500-3,000m above sea level
EU certified organic
November-March, harvested by hand
The lucuma fruit is pitted, gently dried (at temperatures below 45°C), and ground to a powder
For everyday consumption as an additive to smoothies, shakes, and cereal. Can also be used as an alternative to sugar in ice cream, baked goods, and desserts.
For thousands of years, cultures all over the world have been using medicinal plants and nutritious foods to naturally foster and maintain vitality and good health.
With our products, we try to emulate this ancient wisdom as much as possible.
Consequently, our philosophy is simple: everything we do meets the highest standards of quality and purity; our focus is on organic and natural ingredients.
We follow this philosophy with meticulous care on all levels and down to every last detail.