Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera) is a plant from the nightshade family. The name comes from Sanskrit and roughly translates as "smell of horse", as the roots do have a strong scent, reminiscent of horses. The term "somnifera" comes from Latin and can be translated as "sleep inducing" (somnus = sleep, ferre = to bring). In this formula, the roots and leaves of the ashwagandha plant are used and not the berry, which is poisonous in large quantities due to its alkaloid content and has a very bitter taste. The roots and leaves contain withanolides, the most widely studied plant substances in ashwagandha. These belong to the group of steroidal lactones and are similar to steroid hormones in their chemical structure.
- Highly pure 10:1 water-ethanol extract of Ashwagandha roots from pesticide-free cultivation
- Activated by a natural, controlled lactic acid triple fermentation with vegan Lactobacillus plantarum cultures over 3 months
- The glycolised saponins (especially withanolides) are converted into a more active form
- Withanolide A content is increased by 70% to 800μg/g and total withanolides content is increased by 25% to 15 mg/g
- Withaferin A is reduced to a negligible level (<50 μg/g)
- Flavonoids are broken down into smaller, more active antioxidant molecules
- SOD-like substances are protected from stomach acid
- Very high bioavailability and rapid absorption in the small intestine
- This means that a full 200mg extract with 3mg withanolides (1.5%) is sufficient for daily consumption under normal circumstances
- Freeze-dried for best possible preservation of all ingredients, no additives, vegan
Premium Bioactive Ingredients
- Ashwagandha extract as a pure substance from a 100% natural source
- Derived from a high-quality lactic acid fermentation over three months under strictly controlled conditions with Lactobacillus plantarum
- Standardised withanolide content of 1.5%
- Special conversion of glycolised saponins, especially withanolides, into a more active form
- Significantly increased withanolide A content by 70% to 800 μg/g
- Reduction of withaferin A to an absolute minimum of <50 μg/g
- Full 200mg ashwagandha extract with 3mg withanolides per capsule
- High bioavailability and particularly mild flavour
- Non-GMO, no additives, vegan
How are we different?
A highly pure 10:1 water-ethanol extraction process provides the basis for our high-quality fermented ashwaganda. It is particularly important to us that only food-grade ethanol is used. During the carefully controlled triple fermentation process, which lasts three months, new, beneficial compounds are created, enriched, stabilised or transformed. The main purpose of this process is to convert the glycolised saponins, especially withanolides, into a more active form. This results in a 70% increase in whitanolide A to 800 μg/g and a 25% increase in total withanolides to 15mg/g. We pay special attention to the withaferin A content, which is extremely low at less than 50 μg/g. Our ashwaganda extract is also highly bioavailable.
For the capsule shells we use custom-made HPMC capsules that, unlike most other HPMC and pullulan capsules on the market, are 100% free from controversial additives such as carrageenans and PEG. We then package this product in environmentally friendly amber glass.
- Premium active ingredients in their purest form
- Sourced directly from the world’s best producers
- Our select raw materials are the basis of all our formulations
- Complete avoidance of all unnecessary additives and adjuvants
- Exclusive use of valuable natural ingredients for additives
- We voluntarily declare all ingredients
- All extractions performed without the use of chemical solvents
- Custom production when necessary, in order to achieve the highest possible level of purity
- Independent laboratory testing available on product pages
- Raw materials sourced only from premium suppliers who are committed to fair working conditions
- Amber glass and compostable pouches used for packaging
- Vegan capsule shells, free from PEG and carrageenans
- Packaged in the EU according to HACCP, GMP and ISO 22000:2018 standards
- Stored in non-toxic containers
- Shipped in mineral oil-free boxes
- All products guaranteed 100% free from magnesium stearate, silicon dioxide, nanoparticles (no legal opportunism), genetic engineering, artificial colours and flavours, titanium dioxide and added sugar & sweeteners
Take 1 capsule daily (200mg fermented ashwaganda extract with 3mg withanolide) with 200 ml water.
Do not exceed the recommended dose. Food supplements cannot replace a balanced and varied diet. Keep out of reach of children.
Store in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight and heat.
Ingredients: Fermented Ashwaganda Extract
Capsule shells: Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose
Contains: 60 capsules
|Nutrition Information per Capsule||% NRV*|
|Fermented Ashwaganda Extract||200 mg||-**|
|of which withanolide||3mg||-**|
* Nutrient Reference Value
** no reference available
Per capsule: 200mg fermented ashwaganda extract with 3mg withanolide
Per jar: 12,000mg fermented ashwaganda extract with 180mg withanolide
|German Pharmaceutical Number (PZN)||18488060|
|Production||In-house production in Europe, bottling and encapsulation in the EU according to HACCP, GMP and ISO 22000:2018 standards
Finished products packaged in amber glass jars and stored in non-toxic containers
Shipping in mineral oil-free boxes
|Capsules||Plant-based cellulose (HPMC). Vegan
Premium HPMC quality: Free from controversial additives such as carrageenans and PEG
|Packaging||Amber glass jar to protect against light and oxidation (free from plasticisers and BPA).|
|To Reuse||Remove product label by soaking the jar in warm water for 5 minutes. Glue residue can be removed with dish soap.|
For thousands of years, cultures all over the world have been using medicinal plants and nutritious foods to naturally foster and maintain vitality and good health.
With our products, we try to emulate this ancient wisdom as much as possible.
Consequently, our philosophy is simple: everything we do meets the highest standards of quality and purity; our focus is on organic and natural ingredients.
We follow this philosophy with meticulous care on all levels and down to every last detail.
with choline, inositol, PABA & betaine€32.11 €33.80
€433.92 / 1kg