Calcium is the most abundant mineral in the human body. It is stored in about 99% of bones and teeth, contributing to their stability and strength. In cells, calcium is involved in numerous processes, including glycogen metabolism, blood clotting, maintenance of cell membranes, activation of hormones and enzymes as well as excitation of muscles and nerves.
The organic calcium and magnesium carbonate found in Sango coral is highly bioavailable. This form can be well-absorbed by body cells.
Health Benefits of Calcium According to the European Food Safety Authority (EFSA)
Calcium contributes to:
- Normal blood clotting
- Normal cellular energy production
- Normal muscle function
- Normal neurotransmission
- Normal digestive enzyme function
- Cell division and specialisation
- The maintenance of bones and teeth
- Reducing the risk of post-menopausal bone mineral density decline. Low bone mineral density is a risk factor for osteoporotic fractures
- Normal growth and bone development in children