Rosehips are the red pseudo-fruits of wild rose bushes. The Rosa canina, which thrives in Chile, is the most bioactive-rich variety of rosehip (or dog rose). The wild bushes grow slowly under the harsh climatic conditions in southern Chile, at an altitude of 800m, which fosters the unique quality of this fruit.
Full Spectrum of Natural Phytonutrients from the Whole Fruit
The dog rose's natural phytonutrients and other bioactives occur across different parts of its fruit. With this in mind, we ensure that our rosehip powder is ground from the whole fruit, including seeds and peel. Only then are the rosehip's valuable components present in their natural proportions, while completely preserving their rich variety.
The acerola shrub, whose fruits look similar to European cherries (although they are not related), is endemic to Central and South America. Acerola grows mainly along roadsides and rivers, but also on dry, rocky mountain slopes at altitudes up to 1,600m. The acerola we use in this formulation is sourced from Brazil, where it is gently freeze dried immediately after harvest.
Acerola cherries are known for their exceptionally high vitamin C content (approximately 1,700mg/100g fresh). They are also rich in secondary phytochemicals (flavonoids, anthocyanins) and many other components, which together significantly increase the bioavailability and retention of vitamin C. The gentle freeze-drying process results in an extraordinarily highly concentrated powder (30% vitamin C) and does not require the use of any controversial carriers such as maltodextrin.
Health Benefits of Vitamin C
According to the European Food Safety Authority (EFSA), Vitamin C contributes to:
- The reduction of tiredness and fatigue
- Normal mental function
- The regeneration of the reduced form of vitamin E
- Normal energy metabolism
- Normal immune system function
- The normal function of the nervous system
- Protecting cells against oxidative stress
- Normal collagen formation for normal blood vessel function
- Normal collagen formation for normal bone function
- Normal collagen formation for normal cartilage function
- Normal collagen formation for normal dental function
- Normal collagen formation for normal gum function
- Normal collagen formation for normal skin function
- Increasing iron absorption
- Maintaining normal immune system function both during and after intense physical activity